I totally understand how satisfying a relationship can be – being in love gives you a sense of belonging and a sense of security. Those hormones keep the spark alive in a relationship. Wanting to be loved is human nature; wanting to love someone is also human nature. Having said that, I would argue that before you date someone, you must love yourself first. Yes, you read that right. I said “must”, not “should”. Please let me explain.
- The truth about unconditional love in the internet dating era:
You will only attract the right person when you give yourself unconditional love, because if you don’t love yourself unconditionally, your insecurities will be used by losers, users and abusers. But if you fully love and accept yourself, you have high standards – only the right person can meet your high standards.
When you love yourself first, you are teaching other people how to treat you in the right ways. Your behavior and attitude are saying, “This is how I treat myself; therefore, I expect you to treat me so well, too.”
When you love yourself first, you project sparkling happiness which makes you a people magnet. In this way, many people will find you attractive, so you will have options in your love life. 😉
- Here are 5 practical ways to give yourself radical self-love:
- Set boundaries, e.g., how much time you spend on social media every day & whether you really have to go to that dinner party and talk to people who you won’t meet again.
- Dare to rest, i.e., minimize your to-do list by eliminating unnecessary tasks, streamlining necessary tasks and delegating things that you don’t want to do.
- Dwell on past happiness – Loved that trip overseas? Take out those photos and put them on the fridge so you can feel those positive feelings at any time!
- Move your body joyously: If you don’t enjoy going to the gym, why not dance to the music at home?
- Sleep in when you want to (If you are in a relationship, chances are you can’t always sleep in whenever you want to. Hence, before you date someone, you should totally sleep in whenever you want to!) 😊
If you keep making the same dating mistakes or you are new to dating, you are in the right place. I share free dating advice via this website where you can find answers to a lot of burning questions such as “Why doesn’t he text me?” and “How do I balance being interested without coming off as already sold on her on the first date?”
When it comes to relationships, many couples want to know how to keep the spark alive. Truthfully, certainty and uncertainty are two very important human needs. In a relationship, you need both certainty and uncertainty. Certainty refers to a sense of belonging and stability. Uncertainty refers to surprises, challenges and variety. When we explore these topics, we not only discover the formula that reignites the passion in a relationship, but also uncover the raw truth about male psychology and female psychology.
After working in the Internet dating space for two decades, I’ve helped thousands of singles to find true love and stay in love, so if you would like to transform your love life, this is the place to be – bookmark this blog so you will learn how to meet the right person, how to attract the right person and how to keep the right person.
“In the internet dating era, self-love is very important. Do you love yourself unconditionally? You have to love yourself first before you meet someone you love.”